Certifications / Professional Development / Awards
Florida Child Care Professional Certificate
(FCCPC - formerly CDA)
Florida Department of Children and Families Staff Credential Verification (3660926)
Child Care Facility 40 Hour Training
CPR and First Aid Certified
Member of the Golden Key International Honor Society
Attended the IV Visible Thinking Conference in Early Childhood.
Florida International University. April 2013.
Presented at the 58th Annual FLAEYC Conference.
Orlando, Florida. October 23-26, 2014.
Presented at the International Visible Thinking Conference.
"Learning by Thinking"
Florida International University. March 12-14, 2015.
Presented “Nurturing Empathy in Young Children” for Phi Delta Kappa Biennial Research Symposium “Social Justice and Advocacy through Educational Research” at Barry University.
February 1, 2014. View certificate View program
“Nurturing Empathy in Young Children” for Harvard Graduate School - Project Zero educational research. How and Where does Learning Thrive? February 13-15, 2014 in Memphis, Tennessee. View website
“Nurturing Empathy in Young Children” for Harvard Graduate School - Project Zero educational research. Making, Thinking, Understanding.
October 10-12, 2014 in San Francisco, CA. View website
“Nurturing Empathy in Pre-School” article published in the Doral Family Journal on April 27, 2014. No. 66.
Page 26 Read article
“The Joy of Learning nurturing Empathy in Pre-K3 & Pre-K4” article published in the Doral Family Journal on March 09, 2014. No. 63.
Page 24 Read article
Presented in The Global Summit on Childhood: “Using Visible Thinking Routines to Nurture Empathy in Young Children”
April 10-13, 2014. Vancouver, Canada.
Additional Information / Skills
- Honor mention for a perfect attendance throughout high school.
- English and Spanish knowledgeable with Cambridge University training.
- Honor award at college graduation for a well maintained GPA (3.8)
- Developed and implemented daily lesson plans for children 2-5
- Administered evaluations and analyzed student performance
- Fostered a classroom environment conducive to learning and promoting excellent student/teacher interaction.
- Conducted parent conferences.
- Helped students to see the world from different perspectives